Get the most our of your winter holiday – and out of yourself! Fans of cross-country skiing will love our hotel with its easy access to the trails and large spa with saunas and whirlpools.
Cross-country skiing in the Pitztal Valley
Workout for mind, body and soul
Cross-country skiing offers a wonderful feeling of freedom. Snow-covered meadows and thick pine forests provide the backdrop as you glide through the landscape with the sun on your face and the wind in your hair. This booming sport is a full-body workout, engaging all the muscle groups as well as the cardioascular system, yet its movement pattern means it is also very easy on the joints. Here in the Pitztal Valley there are many well-maintained cross-country skiing trails – for both the traditional Classic technique and the more dynamic Skating technique – with friendly and experienced instructors on hand to show beginners the correct technique.
- Valley trail: 21 kilometres, direct access from the hotel
- Rifflsee trails (2,250m): 108km network of trails
- Cross-country skiing info and maps at the hotel
- Healthy and hearty food full of energy
There are two main styles in cross-country skiing: Skating and Classic. The friendly and professional instructors from the local ski school will be happy to show you both.
- Monday and Friday (Classic), Wednesday (Skating, min. 4 people)
- Time: 13:30 (lasts around 1.5 hours)
- Price: Classic €30, Skating €48 (does not include equipment hire)
Please sign up at least one day in advance at the reception desk in the Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten.
Tip! Holders of a ski pass or the "Pitztaler Freizeitpass" can use the ski bus free of charge to access the many trails in the valley.